For this recipe I decided to play with one of my favorite flavor combinations, mushroom and onion, and my favorite (should be) food group- cheese.
Cluster of Oyster Mushrooms
8oz White Button Mushrooms
French Bread Baguette
Wedge of Brie
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|Ingredients- Aren't the Oyster Mushrooms Pretty?|
1. To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Wash and chop mushrooms, shallots, and asparagus. Remember to remove the woody end of the asparagus stalks before slicing on a bias- the woody bits get chewy when steamed.
2. Add a drizzle of EVOO to a preheated frying pan (I prefer a wok) and toss in chopped mushrooms and shallots. While these begin to brown, steam asparagus slices in a small saucepan fitted with a steamer insert.
3. As the vegetables cook, slice the baguette diagonally and arrange slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. When the mushroom/shallot mixture is browned, take the pan off the heat and add the steamed asparagus slices. Combine well.
5. Using a spoon, place a heaping spoonful of the vegetable medley onto each slice of baguette. Place a thin slice of brie atop each pile of vegetables. I removed the brie's rind to allow for a more uniform melt.
6. Place cookie sheet in the preheated oven for five minutes or until the brie has melted.
Serve hot and enjoy!
|Tink Wants More Brie!|
Remember to follow me on , Follow @ChickadeeSays and like ChickadeeSays on Facebook to get updates and sneak peeks!